The Breakroom

Author
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Re: The Breakroom

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:53 pm
john shaft wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:36 pm Morning. Another busy day in store. Was up at 4AM doing server updates then went to a client site to install a UPS. Managed to tear a good pair of jeans right in the butt. lol
Wow, who knew that there were such hazards in computer repair. ^ha^
UPS's and servers can be pretty weighty. The UPS I replaced this morning I had to take the batteries out as lifting it was challenging. Had to weigh between 75-100lbs. Normally that is nothing when lifting weights but when there is no place to grab on a condensed box it is a different story. lol
ImageImage

STORMSHADOW__210
ADMINISTRATOR STORMSHADOW_210

Post by STORMSHADOW__210 »

Anyone like westerns? The amc billy the kid series is phenominal

STORMSHADOW__210

DOA
Attachments
IMG_7980.png
IMG_7980.png (974.1 KiB) Viewed 225 times

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

Was looking through some of my sons stuff he had as a kid, forgot I got these for him, he picked them out pretty cool though
IMG_9457.jpeg
IMG_9457.jpeg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 223 times
Attachments
IMG_9458.jpeg
IMG_9458.jpeg (2.75 MiB) Viewed 223 times
IMG_9459.jpeg
IMG_9459.jpeg (2.56 MiB) Viewed 223 times

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

STORMSHADOW__210 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:37 amDOA
I think it looks great, but I have no room for it. I'd give them money for some O-ring Sunbow Vipers though.

I think the renders are rough, but the finished projects usually look really nice...

But unless a business buys a bunch, it won't make it in crowdfunding...

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Post by Doc Proto »

yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:31 am
I think it looks great, but I have no room for it. I'd give them money for some O-ring Sunbow Vipers though.

I think the renders are rough, but the finished projects usually look really nice...

I've seen a guy on fb selling files to 3d print this sucker for a non redloclous price. Super 7 was way over priced and hitting during a bad time to fund this, yeah we all wanted one but not at 600 bucks.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Doc Proto wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:47 pm
yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:31 am

I've seen a guy on fb selling files to 3d print this sucker for a non redloclous price. Super 7 was way over priced and hitting during a bad time to fund this, yeah we all wanted one but not at 600 bucks.
It's a shame, i think if it would have been a haslab, and priced about 200 cheaper it would have been made. I honestly think though there is not as much of a demand for the 0-ring scale as people think there is.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

I think they could do an O-ring (mini)Haslab once a year and make it almost like a convention set.

Maybe a small or medium vehicle (or combo) and 8 or 10 O-ring figures with a theme. They aleady re-made the mold for the Stinger and they did two runs on that. One sold out in a random summer Wednesday, the 2nd run lasted 2 hours on a random day in the Fall.

Stinger with driver sold out at $33.99

So try: A Stinger, with a driver, an Officer, and 3 troopers, plus an Outpost Defender and 3 Joe's.
Price-point $150
Here's my math:
Stinger+Driver=$34,
1 Officer + 3 troopers at $15 each=$60,
so $94 makes up the Cobra side.

Outpost Defender $21, + 3 Joe's at $15 each,
so $66 makes up the Joe side. (Might be slightly higher if the molds are completely different.

They could make stretch goals, but I think that base price would be reasonable.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

Obviously, they don't need to redo the Stinger they just did. That was just a math example.

They could do a VAMP MkII and a Cobra Bunker or Surveillance port with a similar amount of figures and the math would be the same.

They could do stretch goals like extra accessories, or a bonus of extra troop builders...

And they should do that once a year with delivery scheduled between Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

They could later do a Dreadnok Ground Assault set with Dreadnoks and a Joe with a RAM.

Then a Snow Cat with Frostbite, Blizzard and Iceberg and a Cobra Wolf with Ice Viper, an Ice Viper repaint gunner, and some Snow Serpents.

Just keep cranking out one a year instead of getting crazy.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

I agree. I like what they have done with the Transformers crossovers so far. But i would like to see more than one or two figures at a time with a set.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

Correct, it should be a mini-wave with a theme where the whole thing could interact on its own, or as a supplement to existing stuff. I am looking forward to the Thunder Machine set. Just wish they had collector friendly packaging where figures could be removed, photographed and returned to the cards for safekeeping, storage and display.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:35 pm Correct, it should be a mini-wave with a theme where the whole thing could interact on its own, or as a supplement to existing stuff. I am looking forward to the Thunder Machine set. Just wish they had collector friendly packaging where figures could be removed, photographed and returned to the cards for safekeeping, storage and display.
Man i agree with the collector friendly packaging 100 percent. It would be an outstanding idea. Can't wait to see what comes of the Triple T set., BUT i sure wish it came with Sarge or the Renegades.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

Isn't the Triple T supposed to come with Sarge and Leatherneck? But yeah, more figures would always be better.

For Soundwave/Thunder Machine: Did any reviewers say if Zartan and Zarana have neck ball articulation or the pre 1985 sided to side only articulation?

I think so far, ALL the retro O-rings have been side to side neck style only (Baroness, Stalker, Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow, Cobra Officer/Trooper, Duke/Commander.)

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:29 pm Isn't the Triple T supposed to come with Sarge and Leatherneck? But yeah, more figures would always be better.

For Soundwave/Thunder Machine: Did any reviewers say if Zartan and Zarana have neck ball articulation or the pre 1985 sided to side only articulation?

I think so far, ALL the retro O-rings have been side to side neck style only (Baroness, Stalker, Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow, Cobra Officer/Trooper, Duke/Commander.)
oOh that is a good question, i would think Zarana should have the ball joint but now i am curious to know.

STORMSHADOW__210

I think a huge problem was super 7 doesnt own gi joe. They ( assuming ) pay hasbro 1/3rd the cost, use 1/3rd to manufacture and 1/3rd is profit. Anytime a huge property gets licensed out we the customers pay higher. Thats why super 7 4in joes are $20 and 7in are $40 i supppse

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”