The Breakroom

Author
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: The Breakroom

Post by Kal-El »

Happy Hump Day fellers, how is your week going so far?

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Busy. My eldest is still looking for a place to live. He has two apartments he is going to go view tomorrow.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

john shaft wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:58 pm Busy. My eldest is still looking for a place to live. He has two apartments he is going to go view tomorrow.
Wish him best of luck. I know apartments are sky high around here. Can't even get into one for less than $1.200 a month.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:07 pm
john shaft wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:58 pm Busy. My eldest is still looking for a place to live. He has two apartments he is going to go view tomorrow.
Wish him best of luck. I know apartments are sky high around here. Can't even get into one for less than $1.200 a month.
Ones he found are around $795? But I highly doubt he will be able to consistently stay in one for a year due to his history of bouncing to other jobs.
ImageImage

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

I know all of our tolerance for foolishness at a workplace varies. But signing a year lease should at least put our kids in the mindset that they have to plan on sticking with an employer for a year.

If there are better places to work in another regional area, wouldn't it be convenient to figure that out and get the job in the preferred location and just move once?

Hope he finds a good place and likes his employer!!

My oldest moved from our place to his 1st apartment with some buddies. But they were loud and had different schedules. After year 1 then he moved in with another friend and that lasted a year. Now he is in his own place (just him and his cat.)

Thankfully, the job has stayed he same. But he likes to move when the rent changes. I like to stay put since I hate lifting stuff and moving it.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:49 pm I know all of our tolerance for foolishness at a workplace varies. But signing a year lease should at least put our kids in the mindset that they have to plan on sticking with an employer for a year.

If there are better places to work in another regional area, wouldn't it be convenient to figure that out and get the job in the preferred location and just move once?

Hope he finds a good place and likes his employer!!

My oldest moved from our place to his 1st apartment with some buddies. But they were loud and had different schedules. After year 1 then he moved in with another friend and that lasted a year. Now he is in his own place (just him and his cat.)

Thankfully, the job has stayed he same. But he likes to move when the rent changes. I like to stay put since I hate lifting stuff and moving it.
Moving furniture and appliances sucks. The rent around here is off the charts, not to mention there are very few options. And i can't even imagine what it would cost to try to buy a house. I really feel bad for our kids generation. I don't know how they are going to own anything. When you think about cost of food, utilities, rent, health insurance, car, car insurance, you have to be well established in a really good profession and even then it would be really difficult to own a house.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

Inflation hurts everyone. Plan to vote accordingly!

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:24 pm Inflation hurts everyone. Plan to vote accordingly!
I honestly don't think there will be a election. They are going to use Trump to foment a civil war or something horrible. There is no way they will allow him back in office. Not that it matters because both sides of congress are completely corrupt and on the same team and we aren't on that team. It is a calculated systemic collapse of our way of life culminating in either world war or the drastic drop in our quality of life or both. I honestly try not to think about it. I spend maybe an hour reading alternative news sources and the CIA mainstream propaganda everyday, probably too much time to be honest.

Our own state man Lankford, who was supposed to be super conservative and represent Oklahoma values and whom i voted for was the nozzle behind the bill to give billions to ukraine and isreal and allow something like 5 million border crossers a day. It never ends with these people.

Our only hope is rapture, the closer we get to that point the worse things are going to get.
Attachments
giphy-3.gif
giphy-3.gif (2.06 MiB) Viewed 227 times

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Yeah part of his issue is he has two young boys himself (3 and 1) but they live with his mom, who lives with HER mom. They basically had a fight and decided to split up. I told him he needs to focus on his boys first and foremost and to try to get a place as close to them and his job as possible. He's had issues jumping from job to job for various reasons even though I have lectured him until I am blue in the face to stick with one job for several years so his resume doesn't look like dogshit. He never listens so will need to continue to learn things the hard way.
ImageImage

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm
yorktownjoe wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:24 pm Inflation hurts everyone. Plan to vote accordingly!
I honestly don't think there will be a election. They are going to use Trump to foment a civil war or something horrible. There is no way they will allow him back in office. Not that it matters because both sides of congress are completely corrupt and on the same team and we aren't on that team. It is a calculated systemic collapse of our way of life culminating in either world war or the drastic drop in our quality of life or both. I honestly try not to think about it. I spend maybe an hour reading alternative news sources and the CIA mainstream propaganda everyday, probably too much time to be honest.

Our own state man Lankford, who was supposed to be super conservative and represent Oklahoma values and whom i voted for was the nozzle behind the bill to give billions to ukraine and isreal and allow something like 5 million border crossers a day. It never ends with these people.

Our only hope is rapture, the closer we get to that point the worse things are going to get.
Yeah all these bullshit lawsuits are meant to drain his coffers. The judges in both of those cases were way off the mark awarding those sums of money, especially on the New York deal where he did nothing illegal. I have zero faith in this country any more since we have turned into a Banana Republic.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

john shaft wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 pm
Kal-El wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:31 pm

Yeah all these bullshit lawsuits are meant to drain his coffers. The judges in both of those cases were way off the mark awarding those sums of money, especially on the New York deal where he did nothing illegal. I have zero faith in this country any more since we have turned into a Banana Republic.
Same, only shot we have at affecting anything is on the local level with sheriffs and city council and even then its questionable.

yorktownjoe

Post by yorktownjoe »

Our city council is terrible.

Our Governor (D) just redid the voting districts in the state to be ,"more equitable" he said. Evidently the (R)'s carved it weird when they were in power. But he is also the guy who uses the Veto as a line item and turns laws that say NOT into the opposite.

Term limits would be nice.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

yorktownjoe wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:14 am Our city council is terrible.

Our Governor (D) just redid the voting districts in the state to be ,"more equitable" he said. Evidently the (R)'s carved it weird when they were in power. But he is also the guy who uses the Veto as a line item and turns laws that say NOT into the opposite.

Term limits would be nice.
For real. Term limits need to happen with every elected position in this country. I worked at county government for 10 years and saw the corruption first hand with politicians and no term limits.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Good Morning fellow citizens of slavelandia :hardlaugh1:

Anyhoo, sometimes its good to just talk about taking your Firefly to the park and loosing his night vision goggles as the worst part of day instead of real life am i right. ^ha^ ^ha^ :swirlflush:

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Quiet this morning, you guys must be working hard or hardly working. 2b-

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”