ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

1986 film Platoon

Post by Train »

IMG_0233.jpeg
IMG_0233.jpeg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Hello everybody. Yesterday I had a chance to sit down and watch Platoon. It has been a few decades since I last watched this movie. Starring Charlie Sheen, William Defoe, and Tom Berenger with supporting cast Forest Whitaker, Keven Dillon, and John McGinley. There is a young Johnny Depp with a minor roll as well. Platoon is a 1986 film directed by Oliver Stone. It follows a new soldier, Chris played by Sheen, who comes into an already battle tested Platoon in Vietnam. The movie based on Stones experiences in Vietnam addresses the morality of the war, the morality of the soldiers, and questions who the real enemy is. Looking back now we see the pure brutality and unlawfulness of war itself. Defoe and Berenger give a stellar performance and show how a lot of the war was fought amongst the US soldiers themselves. This is a powerful movie and watching it as an adult meant way more than watching it as a teenager. If you have never watched this movie or it’s been a decade it’s worth exploring and watching this movie to see what our Vietnam vets went through. The film was nominated for 8 Academy Awards bringing home 4 including best Picture and best director. This is a movie that really stands up over time. Have a great week everybody.
IMG_0232.png
IMG_0232.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 682 times
Attachments
IMG_0235.jpeg
IMG_0235.jpeg (118.07 KiB) Viewed 682 times

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: 1986 film Platoon

Post by Kal-El »

I am probably the only guy here who has never seen Platoon. Major fail on my part.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Gotta see it Kal, one of the best Vietnam War movies out there. Personally that and Apocalypse Now are the two favorites of mine tied for 1st place.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Somehow i totally glossed over that Willem Dafoe is in it too.

Return to “THE POP EXPOSE”