Author
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look at GI Joe 2014 as a whole

Post by Train »

Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m taking a look back at 2014 as a whole. I thought this was a bitter sweet year. This was the 50th anniversary year and we got a few good Joes but the best one at retail that I only got recently is Leatherneck. This was a great figure and one of the best modern figures that captured the original magic of Leatherneck. I had the original as a kid and I was excited to finally get this guy. Cobra had a nice little cash including the Red Night Viper that was packaged with Low Light in case you missed him the first release and a HEAT Viper packaged with Blowtorch which was a cool two pack. Along with those there was a really cool Arctic BAT packaged with a slightly repainted 2010 Snow Job. There was a few club and convention figures I would have loved to have. Eco Warrior Flint, Ozone, and Clean Sweep are ones I would have loved to see at retail and still would like to get those at some point in my life. Big Bear, Toxo-Viper, Cesspool, and Repulser are all cool so I guess the whole Zombie Initiative box set would have been awesome. Enough about figures, the vehicles were sliming down to nothing but much like 2013 they were saved by a couple vehicles. So I’ll just say that if they were going to paint the Snow Cat green and call it the HAVOC, they should have released it to retail with Cross-Country. That is my rant on that. So there are 2 sets that are awesome. First is the Danger at the Docks set that comes with a Vamp, Flint, The Night Landing raft, and an Eel. This was a cool set but I was not able to track it down this year. Someday I might but for now I am content. I was able to get the Battle Below Zero set. This has the Cobra WOLF with an Ice viper and the Ghost Hawk with a Snake Eyes. Both of these vehicles are 2 of my favorites. I had the Wolf when I was a kid and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this set. This is one of the nicest Vipers and really captured that original I ever Viper. Who are your favorite figures from this year? Make sure to check back next week for those crazy hunts for 2015 releases.
IMG_9992.jpeg
IMG_9992.jpeg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_9998.jpeg
IMG_9998.jpeg (376.2 KiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_9993.jpeg
IMG_9993.jpeg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_9997.jpeg
IMG_9997.jpeg (89.97 KiB) Viewed 562 times
Attachments
IMG_9999.jpeg
IMG_9999.jpeg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 525 times
IMG_9994.jpeg
IMG_9994.jpeg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_9990.jpeg
IMG_9990.jpeg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_0001.jpeg
IMG_0001.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_0002.jpeg
IMG_0002.jpeg (462.78 KiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_0003.jpeg
IMG_0003.jpeg (683.5 KiB) Viewed 562 times
IMG_9991.jpeg
IMG_9991.jpeg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 562 times

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Re: A look at GI Joe 2014 as a whole

Post by yorktownjoe »

I missed most of this, but somehow (maybe a trade or prize from Kal??) I got the modern Wolf.

My memories from the 1980's can be crystal clear, but some of the last 10 or so are getting hazy already. Ugh.

Eventually our minds all get mushy if we live long enough. Just hoping to postpone "full deterioration" for a while...

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

Totally get it. 1982-1990 I can name what figures I got which year, modern stuff I have know idea.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

I was still in the midst of selling my modern era collection and remember seeing a lot of figs for this year and already regretting my decision to part with my collection. I agree that leatherneck is phenomenal! There were also some other excellent figures as well (such as Flint). I have been able to piece together several figs from this year (although at a much greater cost).
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

My favorite figure from 2014 is Heat Viper, i would love to have some again now. Regret selling them when i sold 98 percent of my Modern Era collection.
Attachments
72366.jpg
72366.jpg (73.93 KiB) Viewed 480 times

yorktownjoe
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

I think my modern figures are mostly in a tote except for Cobra Commander with that little backpack helicopter and the Stinger Driver is hanging out next to my O-ring Retro Stinger (even though he can't fit in, he looks good nearby.

And I think modern Snake-Eyes v3 with the crossed knives is out on patrol over in one of the shelves we have games on. Other than that a few O-rings and too many Classified are here and there throughout the house.

Mrs. YTJ gives me the raised eyebrows from time to time. The dog thankfully leaves them alone.

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”