EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENT IN THE “MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE” LIVE ACTION REBOOT: TRAVIS KNIGHT TO DIRECT

Author
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENT IN THE “MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE” LIVE ACTION REBOOT: TRAVIS KNIGHT TO DIRECT

Post by Kal-El »

In a thrilling turn of events, the much-anticipated reboot of “Masters of the Universe” is propelling forward with significant momentum, as Travis Knight, the acclaimed President and CEO of Laika, is reportedly in the final stages of discussions to helm the project. This information comes from insider sources close to the development, as revealed to Deadline.

Knight, renowned for his exceptional work on stop-motion films like “Coraline” and “Kubo and the Two Strings,” as well as his successful venture into live-action with the “Transformers” spinoff, “Bumblebee,” has evidently emerged as the frontrunner for directing the reboot. His unique blend of animation and live-action expertise positions him as an ideal candidate for bringing the fantastical world of Eternia to life.

The script for the new “Masters of the Universe” movie is set to undergo a rewrite by Chris Butler, building upon a previous draft by David Callaham and the Nee brothers. Amazon MGM Studios is also in the final negotiation stages for the rights to the project, with Robbie Brenner of Mattel and Todd Black and Jason Blumenthal of Escape Artists attached as producers.

The reboot promises to reacquaint audiences with the beloved 1980s cartoon series, focusing on a young Prince Adam who, after being stranded on Earth, embarks on a cosmic journey to reclaim his Magical Sword and defend his homeland against the nefarious Skeletor. To do so, he must unravel the secrets of his past and embrace his destiny as He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.

This development signals a significant step forward for the “Masters of the Universe” franchise, which has seen only one live-action adaptation in 1987 starring Dolph Lundgren. With Hollywood’s longstanding fascination with the franchise and its enduring popularity across generations, the reboot under Travis Knight’s direction holds immense potential for both old fans and new.

Source: Deadline
Attachments
2TqbR5.jpg
2TqbR5.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 497 times

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Re: EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENT IN THE “MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE” LIVE ACTION REBOOT: TRAVIS KNIGHT TO DIRECT

Post by Doc Proto »

There is a whole documentary on the development hell of live acton motu. They have been trying to bring out one since the
move finished on a cliffhanger. Hopefully we will finally get something. I actually like the original movie.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENT IN THE “MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE” LIVE ACTION REBOOT: TRAVIS KNIGHT TO DIRECT

Post by Kal-El »

Doc Proto wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:46 pm There is a whole documentary on the development hell of live acton motu. They have been trying to bring out one since the
move finished on a cliffhanger. Hopefully we will finally get something. I actually like the original movie.
I hope so, i can't figure how its so hard to get it done, and do it right, especially in the age of CGI.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Just better hope Kevin Smith has no involvement. lol
ImageImage

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Post by Doc Proto »

john shaft wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm Just better hope Kevin Smith has no involvement. lol
It actually was not bad I enjoyed it, just the frist season sucks with the whole girl power thing for tela.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Doc Proto wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:50 pm
john shaft wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm Just better hope Kevin Smith has no involvement. lol
It actually was not bad I enjoyed it, just the frist season sucks with the whole girl power thing for tela.

I had heard the second season is WAAAAY better. I have not had a chance to watch either yet.

Return to “MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE”