ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look into Arthur Burghardt’s acting career

Post by Train »

IMG_9949.jpeg
IMG_9949.jpeg (762.19 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Well hello everyone. Today we take a look at Arthur Burghardt, born in 1947 in New York City. Burghardt is a humble man who lives a private life. Burghardt has had many rolls over the years including original GI Joe’s Destro, Stalker, and Iceberg. He brought a powerful voice to Destro and really developed the character into one of the most popular characters in the Joe lineup. Along with GI Joe, Burghardt voiced Devastator for the Transformers, Venom in Ultimate Spider-Man and various other voices over the years for cartoons like Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters, and Tom & Jerry kids. Burghardt also was a main character on the day time soap opera One Life to Live, along with minor rolls in shows such as Diff’rent Strokes, Knots Landing, Santa Barbara, Hill Street Blues, The Jeffersons, and many others. Burghardt did have rolls in films like Network, A Rage in Harlem, and Killjoy his last movie in 2000. Burghardt also was the voice on many video games like The World of Warcraft and Monsters Inc. When asked in an interview in 2022 while appearing at the Retro-Toy Con Burghardt said his favorite character to play was Destro. He said it was fun playing a villain and I think I speak for all Joe fans his voice is forever Destro. He was such a powerful character alongside the original voice of Cobra Commander Christopher Collins and The Baroness Morgan Lofting. It is no wonder why the original show was so successful and maybe the reason there have not been any recent animated shows. Honestly who would want to compete with such great talent and take the flack of not living up to such legends as Arthur Burghardt. Have a great week everyone.
IMG_9948.jpeg
IMG_9948.jpeg (21.28 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Attachments
IMG_9946.jpeg
IMG_9946.jpeg (34.53 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
IMG_9945.jpeg
IMG_9945.jpeg (103.53 KiB) Viewed 1022 times

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Re: A look into Arthur Burghardt’s acting career

Post by john shaft »

I never realized he voiced Stalker as well. I always think of his voice for either character, although realistically Destro's voice would have a Scottish accent to it. However just like Peter Cullen's voice will forever be synonymous with Optimus prime Arthur Burghardt will forever be cemented with Destro.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

I guess i didn't know he voiced Devastator either. That is why i love Mitch's articles, seems like i learn something new every time i read one.

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

Kal-El wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:14 am I guess i didn't know he voiced Devastator either. That is why i love Mitch's articles, seems like i learn something new every time i read one.
Thanks buddy

Return to “THE POP EXPOSE”