ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look at some Classified Joes we need in production

Post by Train »

IMG_9880.jpeg
IMG_9880.jpeg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 531 times
Welcome to the Outpost. The past week has been exciting in the Joe world. There have been a bunch of new reveals, on top of the upcoming April and May releases that many of us have pre-ordered, and still I’m sure there are many figures people are holding out for a price drop before they pull the trigger. This leads me to what is down the road. There are a few key Joes that have yet to be seen in the foreseeable future. The first one that comes to my mind is a 1982 character. I made a custom Zap and I’m planning on doing a custom Short-Fuze, but one of my first and favorite figures I had as a kid was Flash. I’ve heard the argument why do you need a laser trooper when everyone has a laser gun? I always felt that Flash was like a laser sharp shooter. Also in the opening credits of the cartoon he is shown melting a piece of metal which leads me to believe his laser is hotter and more for penetrating buildings or vehicles. I always loved this figure and the orange pads made him stand out so he would be cool to see at some point. Hasbro pretty much produced all of 1983 with the exception of a possible HasLab project involving Ace and a Skystriker. Kinda the same with 1984 but Wild Weasel and the Rattler. Both of these would be cool ideas but I personally would love to see Ace and Wild Weasel released without their jets. Maybe even in a comic 2 pack much like the 2008 version. Hasbro has done a great job pumping out the 1985 figures. I have to believe Airtight, Alpine, and Footloose are all on the horizon. I would also love to see 3 of my favorite drivers Crankcase, Frostbite, and Heavy Metal. All Three could be with or without their respective vehicle. I think Crankcase with an AWE Striker would make the most sense. This has always been a cool design that has been used over and over in the 3-3/4 inch line and I think everyone would love to see this vehicle released at retail stores. Finally for today a 1986 figure I want badly is Mainframe. Mainframe was a good character and even had a love interest with the enemy Zarana. I always thought that Zarana would always turn good because of Mainframe, but as far as I know she never did. The original Mainframe did not come with a gun. That would open this figure up to having a cool radio pack, a classic 1986 word processor looking computer and a cool modern laptop. This figure would not be short on accessories as he would have a cell phone and a walkie talkie. He would also have a removable helmet which could lead to some head swapping. Over all of you step back and lay out the big picture I think we as Gi Joe fans are getting a ton of cool figures and I think we will continue to see these awesome figures coming down the pipeline. What is the next figure you want to see? Make sure to check back for our next discussion.
IMG_9883.jpeg
IMG_9883.jpeg (287.44 KiB) Viewed 531 times
IMG_9886.jpeg
IMG_9886.jpeg (659.92 KiB) Viewed 531 times
Attachments
IMG_9885.jpeg
IMG_9885.jpeg (573.16 KiB) Viewed 531 times

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Re: A look at some Classified Joes we need in production

Post by yorktownjoe »

Cool list! I always assumed Mainframe was an older dude, having served in the Army and then returning as a Marine since they waived the age restriction. Then finally landing with the Joe's.

I always forget he didn't have a weapon as I got him and Low-Light on the same day. Low-Light immediately gave his new friend the small Uzi and my Mainframe was able to signal for air support with one hand while providing small arms covering fire with the other.

I'm not sure what other figures feel really missing from the line right now. But when they make Flash, they also need to make Grand Slam and have him come with a Jet Pack (that they already have). Maybe even a little landing pad.

As for the other side, maybe Thrasher and a Thunder Machine? I passed on the HISS and Dragonfly, but I have the VAMP ordered, and that already has me concerned on space.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

For sure I wish Hasbro would finish the rest of the OG13 (Steeler, Grand Slam, Zap, Short Fuse and Flash) and agree with Mainframe. I think I did a write up on him a while back that the earliest age he could have been was 29-30 (3-4 years in the army joining at age 18, 4 years of college then a few years in the civilian world working IT before joining the Marines).

As cool as the vehicles are yes they are major hogs of space. I guess that's why most manufacturers of toy lines kept it at the 3.75-4 inch scale.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

I like that list a lot, i have not thought about my list in a while but i can give a few that i absolutely am dying to get.

Captain Grid-Iron
Heat Viper
Frag Viper
Recoil
Golobulus
Cesspool
Snake Eyes v4
Battle Armor Cobra Commander
Law & Order

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”