ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

1975 film “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest”

Post by Train »

IMG_9707.jpeg
IMG_9707.jpeg (1 MiB) Viewed 675 times
Hello everybody. Today I’m taking a look at the 1975 classic “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” based on the 1962 novel by Ken Kesey. This a a great film with a stellar cast. Jack Nicholson plays prison inmate who is transferred to a mental institution for evaluation. During his time there he befriends many of the patients and has some very memorable adventures and touching moments. The rest of the cast does an excellent job portraying what an asylum may have looked like at the time. I think this movie brought some major issues to the forefront and I think this movie was the pioneer in helping close down cruel mental institutions across America and eventually lead to group homes and fair treatment to people with mental challenges. Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd, Will Sampson, Vincent Schiavelli, Josip Elic, and Michael Berryman were a few of the great actors who portrayed individuals with mental issues on various scales. Louis Fletcher, Lan Fonders, and Scatman Crothers were all members of the staff that showed how there were many faults in the programs and the treatment of patients. I worked in group homes for 6 years and you really get an appreciation for institutions being closed down. Group homes really regulate the staff to make sure people are not being mistreated in any way. This is a great movie, and I do remember having to read the book in high school, but I may check that out at my local library and read it again as that was many moons ago. Have a great week everyone.
IMG_9706.jpeg
IMG_9706.jpeg (448.49 KiB) Viewed 675 times
Attachments
IMG_9705.jpeg
IMG_9705.jpeg (661.27 KiB) Viewed 675 times

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: 1975 film “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest”

Post by Kal-El »

I have to sadly confess this has been at the top of my want to see list for years and i have not pulled the trigger. I think it is for fear that instead of being uplifting it will be depressing. Thoughts on that?

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

I would watch it,

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Haven't seen this movie in many years but have an inkling to watch it again now.

Kal El, yes do watch it. Great movie!
ImageImage

Return to “THE POP EXPOSE”