Re: Joe Role-Playing Game

Post by STORMSHADOW__210 »

Im in

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Cool! Sounds like we have about a fireteam number of players now.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

john shaft wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am Cool! Sounds like we have about a fireteam number of players now.
Wonder if we could shoot for a start date of January 5th or 6th something like that. What do you all think?

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:07 am
john shaft wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am Cool! Sounds like we have about a fireteam number of players now.
Wonder if we could shoot for a start date of January 5th or 6th something like that. What do you all think?
I can attempt but the next step is figuring out the actual game mechanics. Do we create our own or use an existing RPG rules?
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

john shaft wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:14 am
I can attempt but the next step is figuring out the actual game mechanics. Do we create our own or use an existing RPG rules?
I am good with us making up our own, if you want to borrow something from the actual game i'm sure that's fine. But we can make the structure what works best for us.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm
john shaft wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:14 am

I am good with us making up our own, if you want to borrow something from the actual game i'm sure that's fine. But we can make the structure what works best for us.
Sounds good. I will continue to throw ideas out there. Everyone is welcome to throw theirs out as well and let me know what they would like to see. Again I don't want to have hundreds of skills that may never get used. I was going to narrow it down to what the Joes may use. However with that said I do want certain Joes to be more advanced in certain skills. Let's use Clutch as an example. While all Joes may have "Operate Motor Vehicle" as a skill Clutch may have an additional type of skill such as "Advanced Driving" or whatever to set him apart from the rest.
ImageImage

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Next question for everyone: Do you want a more versatile RPG where you can create your character your way with various skills or do you want generic categories of characters such as sniper, comms, medic, engineer, etc with set skills for each?
ImageImage

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Post by Doc Proto »

john shaft wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:42 pm Next question for everyone: Do you want a more versatile RPG where you can create your character your way with various skills or do you want generic categories of characters such as sniper, comms, medic, engineer, etc with set skills for each?
I'm down for whatever, all I really need is ninja abilities. :)

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Doc Proto wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:54 pm
john shaft wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:42 pm Next question for everyone: Do you want a more versatile RPG where you can create your character your way with various skills or do you want generic categories of characters such as sniper, comms, medic, engineer, etc with set skills for each?
Ahh yes. I was going to throw a martial arts skill and combat with edged weapons in there as well. I am thumbing through other RPG sources such as Chaosium and d20 Modern for ideas. I like both systems but have never played d20. Hell come to think of it I do not think I have played an RPG in over 25 years or so.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

john shaft wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:03 pm
Ahh yes. I was going to throw a martial arts skill and combat with edged weapons in there as well. I am thumbing through other RPG sources such as Chaosium and d20 Modern for ideas. I like both systems but have never played d20. Hell come to think of it I do not think I have played an RPG in over 25 years or so.
The memory gets a little foggy after you hit 50. :hardlaugh1:

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:14 pm
john shaft wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:03 pm

The memory gets a little foggy after you hit 50. :hardlaugh1:
That's next year. Right now my memory is as sharp as a fiddle....that's been smashed to bits and then run over with a cement roller.
ImageImage

Return to “THE BATTLE ARENA”