ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Look back at the sitcom Taxi

Post by Train »

IMG_0478.jpeg
IMG_0478.jpeg (120.37 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Hello everybody. Today I’m taking a look at a classic sitcom that is still entertaining today. Taxi first aired September 12, 1978 and sported a stellar cast. The sitcom follows a group of New York City cabbies and the hilarious cast in a show that ran till June of 1983. The cast included stars like Tony Danza, Danny DeVito, Christopher Lloyd, Judd Hirsch, Andy Kaufman, Rhea Perlman, Marilu Henner, and Carol Kane. One of my favorite characters is Iggy played by Christopher Lloyd. Iggy is the dim witted cabbie who is just hilarious. Louis De Palma is the hard nosed dispatcher that shows off DeVito’s talent in his younger days. Most of the cast went on to have very successful careers and most of them who are still alive are still acting today. Sadly Andy Kaufman passed away just after the show ended at age 35. I could definitely do a write up on each and every cast member of this extraordinary Sitcom. This show set the stage and the bar for future Sitcoms such as Cheers, Wings, and one of the all time greats Seinfeld. The show still holds up today and is worth checking out if you have never watched it. Have a great week everybody.
IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg (156.43 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Attachments
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg (193.07 KiB) Viewed 441 times

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: Look back at the sitcom Taxi

Post by Kal-El »

This show has always been a hoot and launched the careers of nearly everyone on it to bigger things.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Oh and want to feel old? Tony Danza turned 73 last week. ^%^ ^%^

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Kal-El wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 pm Oh and want to feel old? Tony Danza turned 73 last week. ^%^ ^%^
But...but....that would make Sa-man-ta in her 40-50's!

We used to have Taxi on and although I never really watched it I always did enjoy the theme music for it.
ImageImage

Return to “THE POP EXPOSE”