ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Under appreciated 1992 Cobra Rat

Post by Train »

IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg (423.84 KiB) Viewed 390 times
Welcome to The Outpost. Today I’m taking a look at the Cobra Rat. This one I’m going to chalk up as an under appreciated vehicle. I know anyone who grew up with early GI Joe and Cobra vehicles got to enjoy awesome vehicles. As time went on some vehicles well, got made a bit cheap. The Rat is one of these vehicles that had a great concept but just was not built right. So first off if you have never watched the commercial for this, it really does a great job marketing this vehicle, and makes it look super cool. This is listed as a high speed attack hovercraft. So it is meant to move in quick and retreat even quicker. There are 2 round blades on the side that are projectiles used to attack the enemy or in this case the Joes. The underside of the Rat is hollow and I think this is this vehicles major turn off. Had this vehicle been made with a solid bottom and actually floated I think this vehicle would get a lot more love. Having one in hand, all in all this is a cool vehicle. Being able to go on land and sea makes it the perfect attack vehicle. Even though the attack vehicle is red it suites Cobra as they were never all that stealthy anyways. I think this would be a great vehicle that could be redone. If Hasbro remade this one and retooled it I think a lot of people would buy it. It may be some time for that though. I feel at some point down the road Hasbro will start making 25th/Modern style figures again and this would be a cool vehicle to see made like an old school vehicle. Who loves the Rat? Who had one of these as a kid? I would love to hear what a ten year old thought of this vehicle back in 1992. Make sure to check back next week for the next discussion at The Outpost.
IMG_0427.jpeg
IMG_0427.jpeg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 390 times
Attachments
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_0428.jpeg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0429.jpeg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_0430.jpeg
IMG_0430.jpeg (2.18 MiB) Viewed 390 times

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: Under appreciated 1992 Cobra Rat

Post by Kal-El »

One of my most favorite vehicles from that era. Sadly i no longer have the one i had as a kid which got hours and hours of play. Besides the epic launching disks the wheels made it roll really well on carpet so that was a huge plus at battle times.

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”