ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look at 2017 movie Megan Leavey and the true story behind it

Post by Train »

IMG_0397.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 992 times
Hello everybody. Today I’m taking a look at the 2017 movie “Megan Leavey”. The movie is based on the true story of Megan Leavey who joined the Marine Corps in 2003 trying to figure out what she wanted to do in life. Leavey who grew up in Valley Cottage near New York City still had visions of 911 in her head and joined the Marines because she felt she had a higher purpose in life. She became a dog handler and served in Iraq in 2005 and 2006 with her K9 Rex. Together they worked the front lines to secure several types of explosives. During one of their missions they both were wounded by an improvised explosive devise. Leavey who was severely shaken up by this decided to not reenlist but Rex who was 6 years old was sent off to continue serving. Leavey was very persistent on trying to adopt Rex and give him a deserved retirement. Rex was lusted as un-adoptable which meant he would be euthanized once he was retired by the Marines. This is an amazing story and a real tear jerker. In the movie Leavey had issues with her parents and felt trapped, so she joined the Marines to escape life. What she did in return was learn how to live and love. Anyone who has a dog for a pet will instantly want to go cuddle with them during this movie. The friendship and loyalty formed by master and dog in this true story is very powerful. Kate Mara does an outstanding job portraying Leavey. She really brings across the true passion Leavey has for Rex. If you have not watched this movie check it out on Netflix today. I also found several Interviews on YouTube with Mara talking about the movie and Leavey talking about the true events taking place. Have a great week everybody.
IMG_0398.jpeg
IMG_0398.jpeg (347.29 KiB) Viewed 992 times
Attachments
IMG_0399.jpeg
IMG_0399.jpeg (203.21 KiB) Viewed 992 times

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Re: A look at 2017 movie Megan Leavey and the true story behind it

Post by Kal-El »

I have seen the clips for this but definitely need to give it a watch. I read that Rex lived to a ripe old age and died of natural causes and has a dog park named after him.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Re: A look at 2017 movie Megan Leavey and the true story behind it

Post by john shaft »

I watched it a few years back. It is definitely worth watching Kal so make it a Blockbuster night! lol
ImageImage

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”