G.I. JOE INSIDE THE FILECARDS FEATURING ‘FOOTLOOSE’!

Author
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

G.I. JOE INSIDE THE FILECARDS FEATURING ‘FOOTLOOSE’!

Post by Kal-El »

Story by Staff Writer ‘Shaft’

Today I am starting with the G.I. Joe class of ’85. We will look at Footloose today. He is listed as “Infantry” for his PMS and “Special Services (basketball coach)” for his SMS. Obviously he is an 11B Infantryman however for his special services I could not find anything US Army related to that kind of “specialty”. If Hama was intending for some of these to be skills the Joes picked up in the civilian world prior to military service then he probably should have listed them as “secondary specialties” or something instead of including the word “military”.

Civilian skills do not transfer over to the military world as the military wants training done to their standards. So in the case of Footloose (and a few other Joes) this SMS is not military-related so I will just call it a secondary speciality. Not that it would be useful in the battlefield…

On a side note it appears Footloose has the US Army 4th Infantry Division insignia on his left sleeve. So would assume that is the unit he was serving with prior to being accepted into the Joes.
Attachments
1985-footloose-fc-1000w_orig.jpg
1985-footloose-fc-1000w_orig.jpg (272.44 KiB) Viewed 78 times

Return to “Yo Joe!!! Cobra!!!”