Author
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look back at GI Joe 2017

Post by Train »

Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m taking a look back at 2017 as a whole. 10 years had passed since the modern style Joe was released in 2007 as the 25th anniversary of the 3-3/4 inch style O-Ring Joes that took the world by storm and still holds up as one of the greatest action figure lines of all time. I would have to say of all the toy lines the only other close ones are Star Wars and Transformers. 2017 would prove to be another great year for exclusive club and convention figures. There were a bunch of really nice figures that would have sold at retail and well it just didn’t happen. If you wanted Joes this year you had to join the Club. Like George Carlin said there is a big club and you ain’t in it. I wasn’t and I Got Nothing. Any-hoot had I been one to buy into the big boy club or have a convention. Within a 1000 miles of my town I very well would have loved the Battle Force 2000 figures and the 1 vehicle a repainted Polar Battle Bear. A couple vehicles to make a small Outpost or something would have been really cool, but I guess that wasn’t in the budget. A few favorites from
this year include, Scoop, Ambush, Salvo, Hardtop, Raptor, Darklon, Cross Hair, and Big Lob, but I would have picked up all the rest at retail. This was a sad year and even though the 3-3/4 inch figures were coming to a halt I had a good run and picked up a lot of cool stuff over the years. Who are your favorite figures from this year? Make sure to check back next week for those hard to find 2018 release some.
IMG_0125.jpeg
IMG_0125.jpeg (212.93 KiB) Viewed 684 times
Attachments
IMG_0126.jpeg
IMG_0126.jpeg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 684 times
IMG_0124.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 684 times

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Re: A look back at GI Joe 2017

Post by Doc Proto »

The ninja force G2 set is super cool!

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Re: A look back at GI Joe 2017

Post by yorktownjoe »

I think Kal sent me one of those v2 BATS.

I didn't know anything was going on in 2017 other than eBay. But just before pandemic memories are a little hazy.

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”