ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look back at 2013 GI Joe

Post by Train »

IMG_9943.jpeg
IMG_9943.jpeg (42.57 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m taking a look back at 2013 as a whole. I thought this was a nice bounce back on the figure end and although the vehicles were almost non existent we were still getting the run off from the past couple years from stores like Marshall’s, Ross, and Ollie’s. There was also that kinda cool Eaglehawk that was straight up re-birthed and renamed Tomahawk. I had the Tomahawk when I was a kid so I did not hesitate to pick this one up. The Lift Ticket figure is really cool and has a removable helmet and a couple headsets. Anyone who picked up the 2009 Ghost Hawk already had the 25th Anniversary style figure of the original 1986 version so now you could have Lift Ticket rename the 2013 version if you like and have him as the copilot. Then you could toss in Lifeline, Wet-Suit and Leatherneck for a rescue party. This is one of my favorite vehicles and as we all know quality over quantity, so a good year. I also have the Ninja motorcycle and apparently Flint is a Ninja as well. On to the figures. Although there were still a large amount of club and convention figures I would have loved to have like Iceberg, Cover Girl, Topside, and Frag Viper, to name a few, there were some nice regular releases that I love. The retaliation figures were pretty cool. The yellow Jinx, Kwinn, and the Bruce Willis Joe Colton were part of a great line of figures. Cobra had some cool Vipers the red Alley Viper, Data Viper, and Night Viper are all great figures. Round that out with another Dollar General release and you have a successful year. I snagged up a bunch of the Cobra Troopers and the green Shipwreck for some customizing. Over all I thought this was a great year for figures and the coming years would become harder and harder to find Joes in the wild. Who are your favorite figures from this year? Make sure to check back next week for those crazy hunts for 2014 releases.
IMG_9942.jpeg
IMG_9942.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
Attachments
IMG_9941.jpeg
IMG_9941.jpeg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9938.jpeg
IMG_9938.jpeg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9939.jpeg
IMG_9939.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9940.jpeg
IMG_9940.jpeg (724.22 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9936.jpeg
IMG_9936.jpeg (2.82 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9931.jpeg
IMG_9931.jpeg (4.47 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9929.jpeg
IMG_9929.jpeg (4.78 MiB) Viewed 1050 times
IMG_9858.jpeg
IMG_9858.jpeg (4.72 MiB) Viewed 1050 times

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Re: A look back at 2013 GI Joe

Post by Doc Proto »

I know I was the reason no one ever found meny green night vipers. They came one to a case, I used to go to tru every other day and hunt them, I think I had 8 at one time most are gone now. I clearly remember climbing up the shelf to grab a un open case from the top open it up grab the one viper and leave. I'd even ask em to look in the back and usually I'd get my viper again. I really cleaned em out. I remember the employee being like I got this box out and you only got one fig out it wtf?! Lol.

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

The good old days

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

The modern Tomahawk (Eaglehawk) is my stand in now. My original Tomahawk is stored away in a tote and I removed the rotors before I stored it. The newer version photographs well.

A lot of fun figures and some wacky ones around this time.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

2013 was definitely a rebound year. Lots of great figures, I especially enjoyed the "Ultimate" Retaliation figures (Duke, Flint, Roadblock, and Storm Shadow). Only found one Ultimate Duke at retail but would have loved to army build him. Alas my life was changing later in the year with my first divorce and I started the process of selling my collection.
ImageImage

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”