ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

A look into GI Joe 2010

Post by Train »

IMG_9743.jpeg
IMG_9743.jpeg (437.42 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Welcome to the Outpost. Today I’m going to dive into 2010. At this point in my life I was starting to enjoy GI Joe and appreciate the original artwork and sculpts of the O-Ring figures. So I was actively searching for all those figures I didn’t have as a kid as well as hunting down all the latest releases of the modern style. It was a pretty awesome year all around and I was able to get a ton of stuff and really accepted the hobby of collecting the “ plastic crack”. My favorite vehicle from this year is the Wolfhound which was straight up the Snow Cat. My only beef was it came with Whiteout not Frostbite who is one of my favorite characters from 1985. Even though I didn’t get the modern Frostbite I was lucky enough to have grabbed a few Snow Jobs and made a custom Frostbite with that. Among other vehicles this year I also got the Sting Raider and a really cool Doom
Cycle with Storm Rider. This was a new Dreadnok from the Pursuit of Cobra movie. One other piece I think is awesome, but was released as a club exclusive as part of the classic 12 inch line Adventure Team was, the man eating plant. This would have sold well at retail especially for those Cobra La enthusiasts. This was an interesting year for figures as the 2009 Resolute cartoon was successful so we had those figures on top of the Pursuit of Cobra, and we were still getting some Rise of Cobra Figures. I’m
Not sure if it was the 44.3 inches of snow we got that December only rivaled by the blizzard of ‘66 and the one I remember most fondly the blizzard of ‘93 but my 3 favorite Joes were Arctic Shipwreck, Arctic Doc, and the new sculpt of Snow Job. For Cobra it was Arctic Destro, Alley Viper, and Jungle Viper which was later made into an Arctic Viper or maybe that is a custom figure I’m thinking of, it should have been a thing if it wasn’t. Any hoot, I didn’t pick up many of the Resolute figures for budgeting reasons but overall this was a cool line. The best club exclusive was an O-Ring Big Lob which I wish I could have gotten my hands on and the convention exclusive I love most and don’t have is Gaucho. Who is your favorite 2010 figure? Make sure to check back for our next discussion.
IMG_9741.jpeg
IMG_9741.jpeg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 1006 times
IMG_9739.jpeg
IMG_9739.jpeg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 1006 times
IMG_9735.jpeg
IMG_9735.jpeg (125.07 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
Attachments
IMG_9736.jpeg
IMG_9736.jpeg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 1006 times
IMG_9737.jpeg
IMG_9737.jpeg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 1006 times
IMG_9738.jpeg
IMG_9738.jpeg (2.29 MiB) Viewed 1006 times

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Re: A look into GI Joe 2010

Post by john shaft »

SO many great figures from that year. PoC is probably my favorite Joe line of all. I don't like that they went to the bland G.I.Joe logo's instead of the vibrant 25th ones but damn the figures were solid. I regret not getting Storm Rider as he is crazy expensive now. Resolute, PoC, some Roc, I hardly think there was a bad figure that year.
ImageImage

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Post by Doc Proto »

john shaft wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:29 pm SO many great figures from that year. PoC is probably my favorite Joe line of all. I don't like that they went to the bland G.I.Joe logo's instead of the vibrant 25th ones but damn the figures were solid. I regret not getting Storm Rider as he is crazy expensive now. Resolute, PoC, some Roc, I hardly think there was a bad figure that year.
Dude I had 3 storm riders at once he was great for custom nocks and guess what I still have one misb. Poc was great, I went all in.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Doc Proto wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:30 pm
john shaft wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:29 pm SO many great figures from that year. PoC is probably my favorite Joe line of all. I don't like that they went to the bland G.I.Joe logo's instead of the vibrant 25th ones but damn the figures were solid. I regret not getting Storm Rider as he is crazy expensive now. Resolute, PoC, some Roc, I hardly think there was a bad figure that year.
Dude I had 3 storm riders at once he was great for custom nocks and guess what I still have one misb. Poc was great, I went all in.
I had several opportunities to pick him up but never did. Was so focused on army building PoC Cobra Trooper and Cobra Shock Troopers at that time. Had around 20 of each. Started delving into customs at the time so wanted a realistic base for my Joe customs.
ImageImage

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

POC is easily the best upgrade to the gi joe characters along with Classified. A lot of the Classified are already upscaled POC figures.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Just curious what everyone's favorite POC figure is, it is so hard to choose. I think i would have to go with Jungle Viper and Snow Job a close second, i still love the fact that Snow job came with a frying pan, that is an epic accessory piece.

Train
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Post by Train »

I totally forgot he had a pan and a little stove to cook on

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

So many good figures there. Shock Viper and Red/black Alley Viper are both great troop builders.

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

My favorites are Cobra Trooper and Cobra Shock Trooper. But Low Light, Desert Battle Snake Eyes, Snow Job, and Cobra Viper are excellent as well. I just like the realistic military look on the two troopers.
ImageImage

Return to “OUTBACK'S OUTPOST”