ADMINISTRATOR TRAIN
Code Name: Train
File Name: Mitch Smith
Grade: E

Vintage Rambo Figures

Post by Train »

IMG_8508.jpeg
IMG_8508.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1116 times
Hello everyone. I’m Train and today I’m going off the rails with some 1985-1986 figures. Back in the day GI Joe was booming, Transformers were booming, Star Wars was on a simmer and everyone else and their brother were trying to get in on the action figure action. There was some real cool figures I remember from Marvel’s Doc Oct to Mr. T from the A-Team. Some of my all time favorite figures were the Marchon M-Force figures that seemed to be a knock off of the Rambo figures, but they filled my childhood with so many memories they will alway hold a special place in my heart. I did however grow up watching Rambo, but I don’t recall ever seeing the figures in the stores. Some years later I found some loose figures at a yard sale for a Buck so I figured why not? These are really cool figures especially by 1985, 86 standards, but they really do hold up to today’s figures. I think it would have been really cool to have had these back in the day. I’m not really looking to grow my collection of these, but I think it is cool to have a piece of childhood history in the mix. These might even look good with some Classified figures! Who had Rambo figures growing up? How do you compare this line to today’s Rambo figures? Make sure to check back for more stories and reviews and stay on the rails right here with the crazy Train.
IMG_8509.jpeg
IMG_8509.jpeg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1116 times

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Re: Vintage Rambo Figures

Post by john shaft »

I remember seeing these in some catalog or something but I do not recall if I ever saw them in stores either. I was impressed by their weapons and was mildly interested in them. However I was getting into the transformable robot craze at the time (Transformers and Robotech) so my military figures interests were dying down at that time.
ImageImage

yorktownjoe
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
ADMINISTRATOR YORKTOWNJOE
Code Name: YorktownJoe
File Name: Classified
Primary Military Specialty: Counter-intelligence
Secondary Military Specialty: Sense o' humor
Grade: O-4

Post by yorktownjoe »

I only got Sgt. Havoc. And he has been "customized" by much younger YorktownJoe.

Here's a little kitbash story.

viewtopic.php?t=574

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Those are awesome. My parents thought Rambo was too violent, so i didn't get to collect those. I think the first Rambo movie i saw was Rambo 3 and it was after it had already been cleaned up for network TV. But those are awesome. I love seeing parts of your collection that are not G.I. Joe.

Doc Proto
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
ADMINISTRATOR DOC PROTO
Code Name: Protoxero
File Name: Minasu
Primary Military Specialty: Ninja, A.F.MD.
Secondary Military Specialty: Covert Opps
Grade: 0-4

Post by Doc Proto »

I never had em but I remember I had the role play plastic knife. That was a good time as I pretended I was Rambo.

Kal-El
FOUNDER KAL-EL
FOUNDER KAL-EL

Post by Kal-El »

Oh and this commercial is awesome!

john shaft
LOYAL CADRE
LOYAL CADRE

Post by john shaft »

Lmao! He's "not another Joe". And black and white dressed ninjas on each opposing side (except reversed so white is on the good and black on the bad). Hmm shades of G.I.Joe maybe?
ImageImage

Return to “THE CRAZY TRAIN WITH MITCHELL SMITH”